Website Hicom Technology
< Back to vacancies
We are looking for a developer to help develop and maintain our market-leading, healthcare based mobile applications as well as providing occasional support in developing and maintaining our other web-based healthcare systems.
While this is a new role to the company, the developer will be working with the existing team, developing new mobile applications and new functions and features for an existing mobile application, helping the team achieve critical delivery goals.
- Build high quality, scalable, performant and secure mobile applications.
- Problem solver by nature who enjoys working with complex technical and functional requirements.
- Write well-defined, commented, maintainable and testable code.
- Passion for technology and a desire to learn and personally grow own career.
- Recommend improvements to existing software applications through R&D and innovations.
- Be pro-active in identifying technical risks.
- Work as part of an agile development team, participating in daily stand ups, sprint planning and estimation.
- Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Server-side technologies:
- NET MVC/Web forms
- Entity framework\LINQ
- Reporting using SSRS
- Data storage technologies:
- Microsoft SQL database skills (table design, views, stored procedures, functions, T-SQL)
- Working with other data sources (xml\MS Access\MS Excel)
- Client-side technologies:
- Working with Visual Studio, TFS, or similar
- Experience working with data driven, software development models.
- Client-side UI framework knowledge (e.g. Telerik)
- Knowledge of SQL server performance tuning techniques including: index and query plan analysis, query refactoring, optimisation.
- Expanse of other technical experience; such as: Windows server operating systems; release management; web responsive design technology (e.g. bootstrap)
- Knowledge of healthcare integration and messaging, e.g. HL7
The role requires an individual who is able to take a requirement and turn it into a solution within agreed timescales and to exacting standards. The role will suit an experienced developer with a track record of successful delivery of high-quality and robust code for mobile applications.
The successful candidate will be professional, organised and have an excellent all-round technical knowledge.
The individual will need to be a good team worker with good communication skills.
- Competitive Salary (negotiable depending on experience)
- 35 hour working week
- Private healthcare scheme, subject to qualifying employment period and scheme eligibility
- Stakeholder pension opportunities, subject to scheme qualification criteria
- 25 days holiday per year
The appointment will be made following an interview, a technical test and a second interview. Interviews will be conducted through Microsoft Teams and should last between 45 minutes and an hour. During the interview, the candidate’s career and education history will be reviewed; ample time will also be available during the interview for questions.
Depending on the number and suitability of the candidates interviewed, a second round of interviews may be arranged.
For the interview, we will require:
- Proof of ID i.e. copy of current passport
- Copies of any personal or professional references
- Education certificates (if appropriate)
Please note that we check references and any job offer made is subject to a suitable response from your referees and a qualifying DBS (Standard Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org