Website Hicom Technology
< Back to vacancies
A Technical Support Specialist is required to join our Clinical Information Systems team, providing support for our specialist healthcare management systems in the UAE. The Technical Support Specialist will work closely with the product team to assist with software deployments and day-to-day maintenance both remotely and on client sites.
- Scheduling and preparing software ready for installation
- Liaising with clients to arrange and confirm software installation and upgrade plans
- Installing software, software updates and patches onto our own servers and client sites via remote access
- Configuring servers (ours and clients) ready for use including configuring databases and security
- Performing system maintenance both scheduled and as part of fault resolution
- In depth analysis and resolution of technical issues on live systems
- Analysing data migration and integration requirements and preparing specifications and action plans
- Developing and executing data migration and data transformation scripts
- Writing queries and procedures to select and extract data from SQL Server databases
- Assisting with the diagnosis of system issues and providing clients with guidance to resolution
- Setting-up and configuring systems ready for use
- Extracting, transforming and/or importing data into clients’ system databases
- Carrying out pre and post installation technical assessments to ensure full system operability
- Providing technical support to the development team and clients directly
- Assisting with the configuration of software interfaces with third-party devices and software
- Implementing, monitoring and maintain system interfaces
- Maintaining detailed technical documentation relating to deployments, interfaces and system updates
- Provide input into the team’s technical forums and technical specifications
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Comprehensive all-round understanding and experience of software and databases
- Experience of SQL Server databases including security, users, jobs, backups, maintenance, integration services
- Experience of SQL language including queries, stored procedures and functions
- Knowledge and experience of using IIS for monitoring, maintenance and deployment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- A highly motivated ‘self-starter’ who is organised and proactive
- Understanding of basic Windows operating system and networking principles
- Focused on customer service and quality
- An analytical mind with strong problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of software development languages including MVC, C#, ASP.NET
- Experience in clinical systems
The successful candidate will be a highly organised, enthusiastic, and polite with a friendly personality. The successful candidate will need to be focused on providing a high standard of service to our clients. They will have good analytical and problem-solving skills, be conscientious and keen to build a career in IT.
The successful candidate can expect an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding role within a dynamic and growing business. There is also opportunity for the right individual to develop their skillset and progress through the company over time.
The appointment will be made following two interviews which will be held virtually through Microsoft Teams.
During the interview, the candidate’s career and education history will be reviewed. Evidence of previous and current employment history, education, identity and the right to work in the UAE will be required.
Please note that any offer made will be subject to two suitable professional references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org