< Back to vacancies
A Technical Support Specialist is required to join our Clinical Information Systems team, providing support for our specialist healthcare management systems. The Technical Support Specialist will work closely with the product team to assist with software deployments and day-to-day maintenance.
- Scheduling and preparing software ready for installation
- Liaising with clients to arrange and confirm software installation and upgrade plans
- Installing software, software updates and patches onto our own servers and client sites via remote access
- Configuring servers (ours and clients) ready for use including configuring databases and security
- Analysing data migration and integration requirements and preparing specifications and action plans
- Developing and executing data migration and data transformation scripts
- Writing queries and procedures to select and extract data from SQL Server databases
- Assisting with the diagnosis of system issues and providing clients with guidance to resolution
- Setting-up and configuring systems ready for use
- Extracting, transforming and/or importing data into clients’ system databases
- Carrying out pre- and post-installation technical assessments to ensure full system operability
- Providing technical support to the development team and clients directly
- Assisting with the configuration of software interfaces with third-party devices and software
- Implementing, monitoring and maintain system interfaces
- Maintaining detailed technical documentation relating to deployments, interfaces and system updates
- Provide input into the team’s technical forums and technical specifications
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Comprehensive all-round understanding and experience of software and databases
- Experience of SQL Server databases including security, users, jobs, backups, maintenance, integration services
- Experience of SQL language including queries, stored procedures and functions
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- A highly motivated ‘self-starter’ who is organised and proactive
- Understanding of basic Windows operating system and networking principles
- Focussed on customer service and quality
- An analytical mind with strong problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of software development languages including MVC, C#, ASP.NET
The successful candidate will be a highly organised, enthusiastic, and polite with a friendly personality. The successful candidate will need to be focussed on providing a high standard of service to our clients. She/he should have good analytical and problem-solving skills, be conscientious and keen to build a career in IT.
The successful candidate will be ideally located near to Hicom’s head office in Brookwood, near Woking in Surrey; however the role will be based from home initially due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The successful candidate can expect an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding role within a dynamic and growing business. There is also opportunity for the right individual to develop their skillset and progress through the company over time.
The Appointment Process:
Interviews will be over Microsoft Teams. During the interviews, the candidate’s career and education history will be reviewed, with ample time available for questions.
Please note that we check references and any job offer made is subject to a suitable response from your referees and a qualifying DBS (Standard Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com