Website Hicom Technology
< Back to vacancies
A Technical Support Specialist is required to join one of our product teams that focuses on providing support for a large scale, national solution responsible for recruiting all junior doctors to the NHS. The Technical Support Specialist will work as an integral part of the product team to deliver second line support to our end users. You will be responsible for investigating live system issues, working as a second line point of escalation to our end users, and recommending technical fixes to the code base.
- Providing 2nd line technical support to clients and the development team via email, phone or face to face.
- Investigating, triaging and problem-solving technical and system issues that arise from live applications.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues using T-SQL and knowledge of relational databases.
- Providing clients with clear guidance and support across the whole support ticket lifecycle.
- Providing excellent customer service to a wide variety of users with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Updating support ticket logs to ensure all notes, progress and required actions have been input promptly and accurately.
- Acting as a point of escalation for the 1st line support team.
- Being proactive in keeping customers updated with the status of their support tickets.
- Creating ad-hoc reports using T-SQL to fulfil client requests.
- Escalate issues quickly to third line support when appropriate to do so.
- Actively monitor live systems to ensure potential issues are identified quickly.
- Assisting 3rd line support with build and deployment of software releases.
- Working with the Support Coordinator to identify trends and propose software changes to assist with support.
- Ensuring SLA thresholds for incidents and support tickets are adhered to.
- Assisting with the testing of software changes to ensure client needs are met.
- Provide input into the team’s technical forums and technical specifications.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- An analytical mind, capable of understanding complex data structures and bespoke business concepts.
- Experience of T-SQL including queries, stored procedures and functions.
- Ability to investigate and solve problems independently using own research and experience.
- Ability to take a more proactive approach to support, ensuring a resolution is provided but also prevented in the future.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of software and databases.
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills.
- Knowledge and experience of using IIS for monitoring, maintenance and deployment.
- Understanding of basic Windows operating system and networking principles.
- Focused on customer service and quality.
- Advanced knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of software development languages including MVC, C#, ASP.NET
The successful candidate will be a highly organised, enthusiastic, and polite with a friendly personality. The successful candidate will need to be focussed on providing a high standard of service to our clients. She/he should have good analytical and problem-solving skills, be conscientious and keen to build a career in IT.
The successful candidate will be ideally located near to Hicom’s head office in Brookwood, near Woking in Surrey.
The successful candidate can expect an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding role within a dynamic and growing business. There is also opportunity for the right individual to develop their skillset and progress through the company over time.
35 hour working week
25 days holiday per year
- Private healthcare scheme (subject to qualifying employment period and scheme eligibility)
- Stakeholder pension opportunities (subject to scheme qualification criteria)
Interviews will be over the telephone or be held virtually through Microsoft Teams. This will then be followed by a face-to-face-interview at our office in Brookwood. The face-to-face interview should last no longer than one hour.
During the interview, the candidate’s career and education history will be reviewed. Evidence of previous and current employment history, education, identity and the right to work in the UAE will be required.
For the interview, we will require:
- Proof of ID i.e. copy of current passport
- Copies of any personal or professional references
- Education certificates (if appropriate)
Please note that we check references and any job offer made is subject to a suitable response from your referees and a qualifying DBS (Standard Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org