Website Hicom Technology
< Back to vacancies
A software tester is required to join one of our principle product teams that focuses on the development and implementation of a national web application responsible for recruiting all junior doctors to the NHS. The software tester will work with the test lead and the wider project team to design, produce and run testing cases and automated testing routines for a variety of different software modules.
- Create and execute test plans using own testing expertise, product knowledge and domain expertise.
- Write well-defined and concise bugs, reworks, and test reports/outcomes.
- Execute functional, non-functional, exploratory, smoke and regression tests.
- Recommend improvements to existing software applications through previous experience and own ideas.
- Work as part of an agile development team, participating in daily stand ups, sprint planning and estimation.
- Contribute to the expansion, enhancement and development of our existing automation framework.
- Strong testing background with an awareness of modern testing techniques throughout the software lifecycle.
- Enjoy working with complex business requirements with an ability to learn and master domain specific concepts.
- Have an inquisitive mind and enjoy deconstructing and learning existing modules through exploratory testing.
- A passion for software testing and the merits it brings to a team and product.
- Enjoy and get satisfaction from finding bugs/problems and influencing how they get fixed.
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise confidently with other teams and stakeholders.
- Be pro-active in identifying product, project and testing risks.
- Technically minded with the ability to learn new concepts and implement those independently.
- Experience with penetration and performance/load testing.
- Experience of API integration testing using tools such as Postman.
- Familiar and able to write T-SQL queries.
- Working with TFS, or similar.
- Hands on experience or familiarity with the following:
- Selenium web driver
- Eclipse or similar
- Junit or similar
Candidates need to be proactive, motivated, confident, articulate and ambitious with a proven track record of testing complex web applications. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to develop close working relationships with people in different roles and at different levels. Candidates must also have an inquisitive mind with excellent problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate can expect an exciting, challenging and rewarding career within a dynamic and growing business.
The appointment will be made following an interview, a technical test and a second interview. Interviews will be conducted through Microsoft Teams and should last between 45 minutes and an hour. During the interview, the candidate’s career and education history will be reviewed; ample time will also be available during the interview for questions.
Please note that we check references and any job offer made is subject to a suitable response from your referees and a qualifying DBS (Standard Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org