Website Hicom Technology
< Back to vacancies
We are looking for a results-driven software tester for our market-leading, hospital management system, to work alongside the development team, in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidate will assist with investigations, testing of new functions and features to help the team achieve critical quality and delivery goals.
Manual testing requirements:
- Strong testing background with an awareness of modern testing techniques throughout the software lifecycle.
- Enjoy working with complex business requirements with an ability to learn and master domain specific concepts.
- Create and execute test plans using own testing expertise, product knowledge and domain expertise.
- Write well-defined and concise bugs, reworks, and test reports/outcomes.
- Have an inquisitive mind and enjoy deconstructing and learning existing modules through exploratory testing.
- A passion for software testing and the merits it brings to a team and product.
- Enjoy and get satisfaction from finding bugs/problems and influencing how they get fixed.
- Execute functional, non-functional, exploratory, smoke and regression tests.
- Recommend improvements to existing software applications through previous experience and own ideas.
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise confidently with other teams and stakeholders.
- Be pro-active in identifying product, project and testing risks.
- Work as part of an agile development team, participating in daily stand ups, sprint planning and estimation.
Automated testing requirements:
- Contribute to the expansion, enhancement and development of our existing automation framework.
- Technically minded with the ability to learn new concepts and implement those independently.
- Hands on experience or familiarity with the following:
– Selenium web driver
– Eclipse or similar
- Experience with penetration and performance/load testing.
- Experience working with offshore development teams.
- Familiar and able to write T-SQL queries.
- Working with TFS, or similar.
- Experience or familiarity with the following:
– Junit or similar
- Competitive Salary.
- 35 hour working week.
- Private healthcare scheme, subject to qualifying employment period and scheme eligibility.
- Stakeholder pension opportunities, subject to scheme qualification criteria.
- 25 days holiday per year.
The appointment will be made following an interview, a technical test and a second interview. Interviews will be conducted through Microsoft Teams and/or in person and should last between 45 minutes and an hour. During the interview, the candidate’s career and education history will be reviewed; ample time will also be available during the interview for questions.
For the interview, we will require:
- Proof of ID i.e. copy of current passport.
- Copies of any personal or professional references.
- Education certificates (if appropriate).
Please note that we check references and any job offer made is subject to a suitable response from your referees and a qualifying DBS (Standard Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com