< Back to vacancies
A software tester is required to join our team, focussing on the testing of software developments generated by one of our primary development teams. The software tester will work with the project co-ordinators to design, produce and run testing plans and automated testing routines for a variety of different software modules. The software tester will be working with teams based both onshore and offshore to ensure successful product delivery.
- Strong testing background with an awareness of modern testing techniques throughout the software lifecycle.
- Enjoy working with complex business requirements with an ability to learn and master domain specific concepts.
- Create and execute test plans using own testing expertise, product knowledge and domain expertise.
- Write well-defined and concise bugs, reworks, and test reports/outcomes.
- Have an inquisitive mind and enjoy deconstructing and learning existing modules through exploratory testing.
- A passion for software testing and the merits it brings to a team and product.
- Enjoy and get satisfaction from finding bugs/problems and influencing how they get fixed.
- Execute functional, non-functional, exploratory, smoke and regression tests.
- Recommend improvements to existing software applications through previous experience and own ideas.
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise confidently with other teams and stakeholders.
- Be pro-active in identifying product, project and testing risks.
- Work as part of an agile development team, participating in daily stand ups, sprint planning and estimation.
- Experience with penetration and performance/load testing.
- Experience working with offshore development teams.
- Familiar and able to write T-SQL queries.
- Working with TFS, or similar.
- Experience or familiarity with the following
- Junit or similar
Automated Testing Requirements:
- Contribute to the expansion, enhancement and development of our existing automation framework.
- Technically minded with the ability to learn new concepts and implement those independently.
- Hands on experience or familiarity with the following:
- Selenium web driver
- Eclipse or similar
The successful candidate will be professional, organised and have an excellent all-round technical knowledge.
The role requires an individual who is able to take a requirement and turn it into a solution within agreed timescales and to exacting standards. The role will suit an experienced developer with a track record of successful delivery of high-quality and robust code. The individual will need to be a good team worker with good communication skills.
- Competitive Salary
- 35 hour working week
- Private healthcare scheme, subject to qualifying employment period and scheme eligibility
- Stakeholder pension opportunities, subject to scheme qualification criteria
- 25 days holiday per year
The appointment will be made following an interview, a technical test and a second interview. Interviews will be conducted through Microsoft Teams and should last between 45 minutes and an hour. During the interview, the candidate’s career and education history will be reviewed; ample time will also be available during the interview for questions.
Depending on the number and suitability of the candidates interviewed, a second round of interviews may be arranged.
For the interview, we will require:
- Proof of ID i.e. copy of current passport
- Copies of any personal or professional references
- Education certificates (if appropriate)
Please note that we check references and any job offer made is subject to a suitable response from your referees and a qualifying DBS (Standard Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org