< Back to vacancies
We are looking for a developer to help develop and maintain our market-leading, web-based healthcare recruitment & selection system. Working with the existing team, the successful candidate will assist with the development of new functions and features and help the team achieve critical delivery goals.
- Build high quality, scalable, performant and secure .NET based applications.
- Problem solver by nature who enjoys working with complex technical and functional requirements.
- Write well-defined, commented, maintainable and testable code.
- Passion for technology and a desire to learn and personally grow own career.
- Recommend improvements to existing software applications through R&D and innovations.
- Be pro-active in identifying technical risks.
- Work as part of an agile development team, participating in daily stand ups, sprint planning and estimation.
- Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Server-side technologies:
- NET MVC/Web forms
- Entity framework\LINQ
- Reporting using SSRS
- Data storage technologies:
- Microsoft SQL database skills (table design, views, stored procedures, functions, T-SQL)
- Working with other data sources (xml\MS Access\MS Excel)
- Client-side technologies:
- Working with Visual Studio, TFS, or similar
- Experience working with data driven, software development models.
- Client-side UI framework knowledge (e.g. Telerik)
- Knowledge of SQL server performance tuning techniques including: index and query plan analysis, query refactoring, optimisation.
- Expanse of other technical experience; such as: Windows server operating systems; release management; web responsive design technology (e.g. bootstrap)
- Knowledge of healthcare integration and messaging, e.g. HL7
The successful candidate will be professional, organised and have an excellent all-round technical knowledge.
The role requires an individual who is able to take a requirement and turn it into a solution within agreed timescales and to exacting standards. The role will suit an experienced developer with a track record of successful delivery of high-quality and robust code. The individual will need to be a good team worker with good communication skills.
- Competitive Salary (Negotiable depending on experience)
- 35 hour working week
- Private healthcare scheme, subject to qualifying employment period and scheme eligibility
- Stakeholder pension opportunities, subject to scheme qualification criteria
- 25 days holiday per year
The appointment will be made following an interview, a technical test and possibly, a second interview. Interviews will be conducted through Microsoft Teams should last approximately 45 minutes. During the interview, the candidate’s career and education history will be reviewed; ample time will also be available during the interview for questions.
Depending on the number and suitability of the candidates interviewed, a second round of interviews may be arranged.
For the interview, we will require:
- Proof of ID i.e. copy of current passport
- Copies of any personal or professional references
- Education certificates (if appropriate)
Please note that we check references and any job offer made is subject to a suitable response from your referees and a qualifying DBS (Standard Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org