Website Hicom Technology
< Back to vacancies
A Product Support Specialist is required to join one of our product teams that focuses on providing support for a large scale, national solution responsible for recruiting all junior doctors to the NHS.
The Product Support Specialist will work as an integral part of the product team to deliver first line support to our end users. You will be responsible for investigating live system issues, ensuring excellent customer service, and recommending functional/technical fixes to the code base.
The ideal candidate would have excellent communication and telephone manner, as well as a patient and can-do attitude towards less technically skilled users.
- Answering telephone calls from clients
- Prioritising incoming support calls
- Diagnosing user and application issues and providing clients with guidance to resolution
- Educating clients on the functionality and use of the system as well as answering frequently asked questions
- Identifying the cause of any fault reported including second-line code reviews
- Liaising with Hicom’s development team in respect of technical queries
- Logging calls and maintaining accurate records of client contacts
- Maintaining regular contact with clients
- Assisting Hicom’s development team with internal product testing and software releases
- Making routine (basic) software changes as appropriate
- Assisting with the maintenance and support of Hicom’s internal and hosting infrastructures
- Good client facing skills, via phone, email and face-to-face
- Familiarity with basic IT tools (Word, Excel, major browsers – Chrome, Safari, Edge etc.)
- Comfortable with technical web-based tools
- Strong interest in Technology
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving mentality
- Enthusiastic and keen to acquire new skills and knowledge
- Clear written and spoken communication skills
- Technical knowledge of databases (in particular MS SQL Server) and database applications
- Previous experience of delivering training in a face-to-face format to small groups
The successful candidate will be a highly organised, enthusiastic and polite with a friendly personality. The successful candidate will need to be focussed on providing a high standard of service to our clients. They should have good analytical and problem-solving skills, be conscientious and keen to build a career in IT.
The successful candidate will be ideally located near to Hicom’s head office in Brookwood, near Woking in Surrey.
The successful candidate can expect an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding role within a dynamic and growing business. There is also opportunity for the right individual to develop their skillset and progress through the company over time.
Commission-based on target earnings scheme
35 hour working week
Private healthcare scheme, subject to qualifying employment period and scheme eligibility
Stakeholder pension opportunities, subject to scheme qualification criteria
25 days holiday per year
The appointment will be made following a two-stage interview process which will take place through Microsoft Teams. Both interviews should last no longer than one hour each. During the interviews, the candidate’s career and education history will be reviewed; ample time will also be available during the interview for questions.
Please note that we check references and any job offer made is subject to a suitable response from your referees and a qualifying DBS (Standard Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org