< Back to vacancies
We are looking for a professional with experience in software customer service and/or product support, ideally gained in a healthcare setting. The role of Product Support Specialist is focussed on providing our customers with expert advice on guidance on the use of our software and to support them with any technical or operational difficulties.
The Product Support Specialist will be the ‘voice of the customer’, working on-site with our customer teams to understand and address any issue that may arise in the use of our software. The Product Support Specialist will triage issues as they arise and provide first-line support to end users where possible, working closely with our UK and India product teams to ensure that issues are prioritised and escalated accordingly and in-line with our service level agreement.
Initially the Product Support Specialist will be focussed on supporting a major new project in Dubai, working alongside our development and delivery team to ensure a comprehensive knowledge of the software and it’s intended use and to assist with its delivery. Post go-live the role will expand to providing support to further customers in the region who are in a ‘business as usual’ state.
- Dealing with first-line operational support issues
- Providing advice and guidance to end users
- Assessing and analysing the root cause of issues and diagnosing problems
- Assisting with and supporting software deployments and updates
- Assisting with the setting-up of data (users, roles, security, reference data, etc.)
- Prioritising and escalating incidents
- Proactively monitoring the operation and stability of the system and system interfaces
- Assisting with data migration and the preparation of data imports/extracts and reports
- Assisting with the testing of complex functional & operational elements (including smoke tests)
- Organising and assisting with user acceptance testing activities
- Supporting the definition and understanding of change requests (supported by our product team)
- Communicating with our product teams and customer stakeholders
- Maintaining detailed records of incident, events and actions
- Minimum of two years’ experience in software customer services and/or product support
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Excellent written and spoken English language
- Comprehensive all-round understanding and professional experience of software and IT
- Good understanding of databases and rudimentary functions (queries, exports, imports, reporting, etc.)
- Good understanding of healthcare, ideally relating to patient or clinical care
- A highly motivated ‘self-starter’ who is organised and proactive
- Focussed on customer service and quality
- An analytical mind with strong problem solving skills
- Calm with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Technical knowledge of application software and databases, in particular MS SQL Server
- Arabic speaking
- Competitive Salary
- 35 hour working week
- Private healthcare scheme, subject to qualifying employment period and scheme eligibility
- Stakeholder pension opportunities, subject to scheme qualification criteria
- 25 days holiday per year
The appointment will be made following an interview. The first round of interviews will be carried out on-line or over the phone, with shortlisted candidates being interviewed in person in Dubai.
During the interview, the candidate’s career and education history will be reviewed. Evidence of previous and current employment history, education, identity and the right to work in the UAE will be required. Any offer made will be subject to a suitable professional reference.
For the interview, we will require:
- Proof of ID i.e. copy of current passport
- Copies of any personal or professional references
- Education certificates (if appropriate)
Please note that we check references and any job offer made is subject to a suitable response from your referees and a qualifying DBS (Standard Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com