Website Hicom Technology
< Back to vacancies
The successful candidate will be working with the Infrastructure Manager to ensure that best practices are implemented and used throughout Hicom’s IT infrastructure.
The candidate will serve as a source of technical assistance and will support staff across a range of different technologies and platforms including:
- Desktop//Laptop Operating Systems i.e. Windows 10
- Desktop/Laptop software i.e. MS Office
- Desktop/Laptop Hardware
- Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualisation
- Windows Server Operating Systems i.e. 2016/2019
- Server Hardware including Tape Drives
- Microsoft Azure
- Windows IIS
- Microsoft SQL 2016/2019
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Systems Centre Operations Manager
- Active Directory & domain services i.e. DNS, DHCP, GPO’s
- Network Switches, Firewalls, Wireless Access Points
- System monitoring using SCOM and other tools
- Managing and carrying out environment checks
- Managing & deploying Patches/Updates
- Managing backups & restores
- Managing & deploying SSL certificates
- Managing & deploying anti-virus
- Desktop/Laptop support & provisioning
- Server support & provisioning
- Network/Firewall support
- Peripheral Support & Provisioning (printers, scanners etc.)
- User provisioning & Support
- Resolving support tickets/user requests
- Assist in, and/or provide training for employee and new hires in computer operations and the use of peripherals/equipment
- Keeping abreast of technical developments and emerging technologies, contributing to the overall design and IT strategy
- Significant previous experience in an Infrastructure Engineer role
- Highly motivated, positive, responsible, organised, quick learner and team player.
- Industry recognised qualification or vocational training from a relevant provider e.g. Microsoft
- Significant previous experience in Windows desktop/laptop support (Windows 10), deploying, configuring & managing troubleshooting etc.
- Significant previous experience in desktop/laptop application support (i.e. MS Office Products), deploying, configuring, managing, troubleshooting
- Previous experience of computer (desktop/laptop) imaging, creating, modifying & deploying using WDS & MDT
- Previous experience experience of Microsoft Active Directory and domain services i.e. DHCP, DNS, Group Policies, and Print Servers etc.
- Previous experience experience of working with Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2019 basic administration tasks i.e. installation, configuration, creating maintenance plans etc.
- Previous experience experience of working with Microsoft Exchange 2013, 2016, 2019 i.e. creating and managing resources, basic troubleshooting etc.
- Demonstrable awareness/working knowledge of network principals i.e. TCP/IP, ports, VLAN’s etc.
- Previous experience of managing firewalls, routers, switches and other network infrastructure
- Microsoft qualifications in relation to administration or networks (MCSE, MCSA, MCITP)
- Knowledge and/or experience of SANs
- Knowledge and/or experience of working with Watchguard Firewall products
- Knowledge and/or experience of Team Foundation Server
- Knowledge and/or experience of Microsoft System Centre Operations Manager 2016/2019
- Knowledge and/or experience of Azure
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player with the ability to manage changing priorities. They will be able to take direction and perform and complete tasks with minimal direction from the Infrastructure Manager. They will have an attention to detail and take pride in the work and tasks they undertake. They will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and will be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues. The candidate will be ambitious to learn and looking to take the next step in their IT career.
The appointment will be made following a first interview through Microsoft Teams. Successful candidates will then be invited to attend an in person second interview and will be asked to complete a technical test. Second interviews will be conducted at our offices in Brookwood and should last approximately one hour. During the interview, the candidate’s career and education history will be reviewed; ample time will also be available during the interview for questions.
Please note that we check references and any job offer made is subject to a suitable response from your referees and a qualifying DBS (Standard Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com