< Back to vacancies
A first line Application Support Technician is required to join one of our product teams which focuses on providing support for a large scale, national solution responsible for recruiting all junior doctors to the NHS. The Application Support Technician will work as an integral part the product team to deliver first line support to our end users. You will be responsible for answering and logging all calls onto the Hicom ticketing system and keeping users updated with progress whilst working with the second line support team to deliver prompt resolution back to our clients.
This role will initially be offered as a 12-month fixed-term apprenticeship contract where the successful candidate will be required to complete an Application Support Technician apprenticeship. This is a programme that will be funded and supported by Hicom with the aim of the successful candidate being offered a permanent contract of employment at the end of the apprenticeship; however, this is not guaranteed.
- Answering telephone calls from clients
- Logging calls and maintaining accurate records of client contacts
- Prioritising incoming support calls
- Providing assistance with operational queries
- Liaising with Hicom’s development team in respect of technical queries
- Maintaining regular contact with clients
- Assisting with internal product testing and software releases
- Making routine (basic) software changes as appropriate
- Identifying the cause of any fault reported including second-line code reviews
- Technically minded with a problem solving mentality.
- Enthusiastic and keen to acquire new skills and knowledge
- Clear written and spoken communication skills
- Good client facing skills, via phone, email and face-to-face
- Attention to detail and analytical in approach
- Familiarity with basic IT tools (Word, Excel, Internet Explorer etc.)
- Technical knowledge of databases (in particular MS SQL Server) and database applications
- Minimum of English and Maths GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Some previous office working experience
The successful candidate will be a highly organised, enthusiastic, and polite with a friendly personality. You will need to be focussed on providing a high standard of service to our clients and should have good analytical and problem-solving skills, be conscientious and keen to build a career in IT.
The successful candidate will be ideally located near to Hicom’s head office at Brookwood, near Woking, in Surrey.
You can expect an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding role within a dynamic and growing business.
- Competitive Salary
- 35 hour working week
- Private healthcare scheme, subject to qualifying employment period and scheme eligibility
- Stakeholder pension opportunities, subject to scheme qualification criteria
- 25 days holiday per year
The appointment will be made following an interview. Interviews will be conducted at our offices in Brookwood and should last approximately one hour. During the interview, the candidate’s career and education history will be reviewed; ample time will also be available during the interview for questions.
Depending on the number and suitability of the candidates interviewed, a second round of interviews may be arranged.
For the interview, we will require:
- Proof of ID i.e. copy of current passport
- Copies of any personal or professional references
- Education certificates (if appropriate)
Please note that we check references and any job offer made is subject to a suitable response from your referees and a qualifying DBS (Standard Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org